- The West Point Way of Leadership. GREAT book by a man who taught leadership at West Point for 20 years.
- Developing the Leader Within You. All around book. Follow-up book is Developing the Leaders Around You.
- Lincoln On Leadership. Looks at the Life of Honest Abe and the lessons of leadership he exhibited.
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. A classic on everybody’s list
- Servant Leadership. Reminds us we serve those who follow.
- Leadership Jazz. Lots about shaping the values of an organization.
- Oh The Places You’ll Go. (Okay, it is a Dr. Seuss Book, but I kid you not, this could be subtitled Leadership Lessons for Kids… And Big Kids Too. I read it to my kids often and am reminded of what it takes to have a successful journey.)
Chris Widener, is a successful businessman, author, speaker and television host. He has authored over 450 articles and nine books, including a New York Times and Wall Street Journal Best-seller. He has produced over 85 CDs and DVDs on leadership, motivation and success.